We believe the issues facing today’s youth in Detroit are serious and require immediate attention. Youth Development Commission works collaboratively with companies, organizations and individuals in our community to provide comprehensive services to empower youth every day.
We depend on corporate and individual supporters like you to partner with us to provide the highest quality services to all youth in Detroit. Your generous contribution can help us do just that.
There are many ways to support YDC. No contribution is too small. Thank you very much for your support!
- Donate Online
- Join the Fortune 500 Club
- Donate at Givelify
- Donate direct at YDC
Join the YDC Fortune 500 Club
Youth Development Commission is celebrating turning 21 years old in 2016 and to celebrate we invite you to join the YDC Fortune 500 Club!
Joining the YDC Fortune 500 club is easy. Simply commit to donating $500 during the year 2015 to support the work of Youth Development Commission.
- You can make a one-time donation or schedule an automatic monthly donation
- You can make the donation as an individual or as an organization/company
As a member of the YDC Fortune 500 club you will help:
- Develop the youth of Detroit into world leaders
- Prepare Detroit youth through college and career readiness programs
- Equip youth in Detroit with workforce development training
- Provide STEM focused after-school enrichment programs for Detroit’s youth
- Sustain programs that have already helped a generation of Detroit’s youth continue to nurture, grow and develop future generations
YDC Fortune 500 members will also
- Have a link to their business or organization on the YDC website throughout 2015 (starting when the 500 is received)
- Receive an exclusive invitation to a private reception and networking opportunity exclusively for YDC Fortune 500 members
- Receive one free ticket to a YDC 21st Anniversary special event
Join the YDC Fortune 500 and see the difference you make when you empower youth in Detroit! Email Anthony Stafford McDonald to enroll. (email@example.com)
Shop for Youth!
It’s always a great time to shop. Now you have an even better reason – and two choice options.
Rite Aid Foundation
The Rite Aid Foundation invites you to “Round up and help kids in our communities.” Rite Aid has created an easy way for wellness+ members to make a difference. Enroll in KidCents and your in-store purchases will be rounded up to the next whole dollar amount. Your change will go to programs that make a meaningful difference in the lives of children in our local communities. YDC is one of those organizations selected to receive your support. How it works- you simply register your Rite Aid wellness card on line and then select Youth Development Commission as your charity of choice then when you “round up” at the counter a portion of your Purchases come directly back to YDC!
Here is a link to get you started: https://www.riteaid.com/wellness/programs/kidcents
The Kroger Company has a program called Community Rewards. For every dollar customers spend a portion of their purchase can be donated to the nonprofit of his or her choice. YDC recently became one of the non-profits of choice!
For anyone with a Kroger card, you simply register your card – if you haven’t already done so – by visiting their website. After registering, or signing in if you are already registered, you click on the Community Rewards tab and follow the directions. When you get to the section that says search for a nonprofit you can simply type in Youth Development Commission and it will pop up, you will know it is the right agency when you see our name and address appear. Click on the agency and then next time, and every time in the future a percentage of your Kroger purchase will automatically be donated to YDC. Here is the link to get you started: https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards . It takes about 7 to 10 days after you register your card before your first contribution so register today!